Timer / logger.

Anything technical in here

Re: Timer / logger.

Postby Martin Kemp » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 pm

An SJ cam that shows the instruments as well as the track is the cheapest data logger

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby dopdog » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:30 pm

How will all on the wheel work. What I mean is what's the logistics of wiring? Do you need all that info to glance at while driving. Maybe shift and gear with the rest showing as a warning. Looks like I have just designed something, will pop in the garage and knock one up. But seriously is there something out there that will do this in a small package for the wheel?
geofff wrote:Hi dopdog,

It would be nice to have everything on your steering wheel but I cannot justify the cost. Also i've used Aim stuff before and couldn't get on with it, spent more time getting it to work than was necessary.

I was thinking all I need is water / oil temp, oil pressure, revs with change light and a lap timer. I can do that for under £500 brand new with separate items and there's always Ebay for a bargain.

Do you reckon there is anything else I'm missing from my thinking?

Thanks

Geoff
:)
dopdog

Postby dopdog » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Just seen Martins reply will have a look into that
dopdog

Postby Martin Kemp » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am

Some LED instruments, such as my Lambda gauge, actually flicker and do not show up properly on video so you need to look out for that.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby pbove » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 am

The AIM Formula wheel does exactly that and provides a lap time delta as well, but it’s not cheap and they don’t come up second hand very often ...... took me ages to find mine.
pbove

Previous

Return to Technical