I've written a book

Read Formula Frolics in here!

I've written a book

Postby AndyTwort » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 pm

I’VE WRITTEN A BOOK.
I have designed, built and now have raced a 750 formula car. My book tells the story from the first thoughts to the first race. Its not a technical manual, it’s simply my story and charts the mistakes along the route as well as the successes.
The book is titled “Getting to the Start Line” and as a self- published book is only available from me. Postage is £2 and the book costs £12. (Europe postage is £4)
Please email me so that I can send you an invoice and hopefully you will enjoy hearing my story.
Attached is a picture of the car, racing at Donington.
Andy.

andytwort@gmail.com

[url][/u[URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/andytwort/media/image%204_zpsyevwachd.jpg.html]Image[/url]rl]
[url][/[URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/andytwort/media/ID-20150328-1044-ZF-4361-00719-3-001_zpshqjswshi.jpg.html]Image[/url]url]
AndyTwort

Re: I've written a book

Postby AndyTwort » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:10 pm

I've just had my first piece of feedback from my book.
This is taken from an email sent by Christopher Mackenzie a 22 year old Automotive engineering student. A recruit for the formula??

The book was a great read Andy, certainly made time spent on the ferry more enjoyable!!
Will definitely be getting another read.
Best way I can describe it, is that it was like an extended conversation with yourself, was a great insight into the process involved with such a project, in particular highlighting the many potential pitfalls and giving plenty possible solutions for the problems that can arise; certainly the logistical problems of competing from a base up here are more of a hassle than I had imagined.
I think you're perhaps too modest, in that there really is a huge amount of knowledge, skill and talent involved to go from an engine on a bench to a fully functioning and competitive race car in such a short period of time, particularly when you are doing the jobs of an entire team!
AndyTwort

Postby suebmick » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Well done You!!
Lord knows when you find the time! (Maybe it's while you're waiting for a ferry in the bad weather!?)
Sue & Mick
suebmick

Postby AndyTwort » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Just to make it easy, I've now listed my book on ebay.
Please consider mentioning my book to people who may possibly be inspired enough to possibly join us.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/291563427453?
AndyTwort

Postby suebmick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:55 am

And I see they're selling..............

Are you doing a "book signing" at Mallory?

Sue
suebmick

Postby AndyTwort » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Sue,
My books are indeed selling, though I need to dispatch many more to break even - which is my aim!
The book sales that I'm especially pleased about are to those who have a vague interest in racing. These people now know that we exist which can only be a good thing. Absolute success for me would be if my story inspired just one person to join in, be it a home built, kit built or second hand car.
Sadly I'm not going to be at Mallory. The Blue Tailed Eagle is flying again, unfortunately family illness prevents me from leaving the island.
Enjoy Mallory, I shall be watching the results live.
Andy
AndyTwort

Postby pbove » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 am

Sorry to hear you won't be with us.... I wish whomever is unwell a speedy recovery.

Peter
Race car....... the clue is in the name, if it's not racing then it's just a car.
pbove

Postby 1961GT » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Andy,

Is your book still available?

Kind Regards, George
1961GT

Return to Formula Frolics Newsletter