Cadwell Park 31 July

Posts about championship rounds in here.

Cadwell Park 31 July

Postby pbove » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Finals are on the club website:

https://www.750mc.co.uk/ugc-1/1/58/0/20 ... k_july.pdf

We have practice at 11:00, race 1 at 13:05 and race 2 at 17:45.

24 entries which is excellent and we're not sqeezed into a tiny space for a change.

Should be a good day as long as the rain stays away!
pbove

Re: Cadwell Park 31 July

Postby F1300Tony » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Prime position in the paddock, and the number of entries is very encouraging. Good luck all.
F1300Tony

Postby geofff » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:57 am

Hi,

I haven't made the Diet ready in time for Cadwell but I will be spectating.

Also thought I might bring Helmet & HANS to get stickers.

Anything else I can get sorted ahead of Anglesey do you think?

Thanks

Geoff
:)
geofff

Postby pbove » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:23 pm

The only additional thing would be to bring the car and get the scrutes to give it a once over so that you don't find anything untoward and unfixable at Angelsey.
pbove

Postby geofff » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:50 pm

At the moment I'm working Anglesey weekend, in Crete for Brands but I might get to race at Mallory.

This year isn't quite working out how I intended.....
geofff

Postby GregSwan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:31 pm

Well done everyone. Another interesting and enjoyable day watching from the sidelines. A strong 23 car entry but also a day of attrition; 8 DNS/DNF for the first race and 10 DNS/DNF for the second tells it's own story. And another race mostly following the safety car! Very frustrating, especially if (as I'm told) a previous race got red flagged and restarted. Next stop Anglesey, another great track. See you all there, hopefully with ye olde Ingham.
GregSwan

Postby suebmick » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:36 pm

Well, despite the weather forecast, Cadwell was dry!!
We left at silly o'clock on Friday to avoid the traffic & had rain nearly all the way up there, but as we got to the gate at 9am it all stopped. So we set up ready for a wet Saturday & had a kip in the van & waited for everybody else to arrive later. As they all did with tales of woe due to the rain & horrible traffic on the motorways & A roads. This staycation stuff has a lot to answer for!
Anyway, with black clouds next to white fluffy ones & the wets & Eezeeups at the ready for a downpour, off went Mick on slicks for qualy. Fabulous large grid...all sitting in the assembly area the 750F must be one of the most diverse & interesting groups of cars at any racetrack. You all looked good Guys!

cadwell assembly - Copy.jpg
cadwell assembly - Copy.jpg (203.8 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

Qualifying duly done & we had no idea where Mick was on the grid as our phones are too ancient to show such techy things. At one point the commentator said he was dead heat 2nd with Peter Bove & I assumed it was a flying Bill Cowley ahead. In the end Mick started 4th on the grid & for once was nervous. He's still trying to get used to my car & having a lot of car in front of him instead of behind, so apexes are not always as sharp as he'd like them & a tenth here & there makes a difference when there are so many corners. Still....raceface on & off he went. As did everyone for a brief time until apparently 3 into 1 won't go & the Safety Car came out to allow the rescue of assorted parts of Richard Rothery's car. Trundling about for 4 laps behind the safety car left a 2 lap dash to the end. Bill Cowley shot off out of Barn, Peter must've reacted a second later & came over the s/f line with quite a gap & Mick must've been asleep & came over the line with Bill already heading for Charlies. Another 2 into 1 won't go moment saw the red flag go up & the race was declared. So Bill, Peter & Mick to take the honours.

Cadwell 1, 2, 3. Bill, Mick, Peter - Copy.JPG
Cadwell 1, 2, 3. Bill, Mick, Peter - Copy.JPG (202.07 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

Quite a few cars either expired in the assembly area or before they got to the grid, and a good few seemed to manage a lap or so before coming in. Some terminal for the day & some not. Thankfully with such a large grid, the 2nd race grid still looked fairly decent. Bill Cowley sat at the front of the grid with Peter's & my/Mick's Darvis 2nd row. For once Mick did a Sue start & not a Mick start & he got away well to follow Bill up to Charlies with Peter in his mirrors. And that's the way the whole race went for those 3. Bill, Mick, Peter. 18 championships between them, and a decent gap between each of them. There was some good close racing further down the field to keep the spectators on their toes, but I'm afraid I only had eyes for My Man & My Baby car, so who ended where & how/when etc, I don't know. Sorry. I'll try & do better next time.

I got through a whole tin of rescue remedy pastilles through the day, but I don't think it made any difference! But my tears were of joy after the 2nd race. Mick had a 3rd & a 2nd, meaning my car had TWO podiums in one day. My little Darvi! I always knew my car was quicker than me. But then, the older you get, the faster you went!! Trouble is, in reality, the older you get, the slower you are! And if Mick utters the words "you know the car can do it" next year when I'm back out, he'll have a long walk home!!

We're not doing Anglesey as it's TOOOOOOOO far, so Mick's current lead in the Championship after Cadwell will no doubt disappear rapidly. Hey ho. See you all at Brands hopefully.

Sue
suebmick

Return to Race Reports