Cadwell Park

Posts about championship rounds in here.

Re: Cadwell Park

Postby Martin Kemp » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Yes I was alongside Conway with Bill Rutter ahead. Bill went off the line OK and faded to the right, so I moved as far as I could towards Conway but I couldn't see where he was. Then quite suddenly Bill came back towards me and I had no time to do anything except watch my front left wheel come off. The starts are very cramped at Cadwell and the occasional start line incident is going to happen. I did not have time to speak to Bill but from my point of view it was just bad luck. With such short notice,I thought everyone managed the safety car really well.

It was disappointing because the engine was really down on power in practice and race 1, and now repaired, I was anticipating a fun race. The fault in race 1 turned out to be a broken power lead to the Megajolt so the engine was running with 9 degrees total advance - no wonder the exhaust was loud and very hot and the car rather slow.
It was a bit dim of me not to realise earlier.

In race 1 I dropped to about 10th or 11th on the first lap, losing out massively on the straights because of the timing but despite being on slicks I found that I had lots of grip and was 2nd fastest to Billy on laps 3 and 4 and moved up to 4th before the engine started pretending it had run out of fuel and stopped.
After the race it started up and returned to pits as though nothing had happened. I am really looking forward to driving the car again. However with Andrew unwell and 2 cars to build it looks as though the Falcon will have to wait until next year.

Thank you to David and Ed for helping me load the wreck onto the trailer - I would have had a bit a trouble on my own.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby pbove » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:47 am

geofff wrote:Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to an in car video of the races? It was the wedding anniversary last weekend so I missed spectating. Happy wife happy life......

Ta

Geoff
:)

My races are now on YouTube and accessible from my Facebook page.
pbove

Postby geofff » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 pm

Great stuff Peter :)
geofff

Postby geofff » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:09 pm

btw the foxes are brilliant :D
geofff

Previous

Return to Race Reports