Silverstone Pre-Season Test Day

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Silverstone Pre-Season Test Day

Postby Steve Boother » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi All

Spaces available for the 750MC Silverstone pre-season test day, when booking you will need to enter the open wheel sessions.

Steve
Steve Boother

Re: Silverstone Pre-Season Test Day

Postby Martin Kemp » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Is anyone else going to the Silverstone track day, now on the 3rd April, and what are the rules about team members attending. I can't find anything on the club site.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Re: Silverstone Pre-Season Test Day

Postby Martin Kemp » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 pm

There were a few cars out for the pre-season test day. Matt Unwin had a successful first test in his new Falcon despite being down on power because of a problem with the Megajolt. Andrew had a run in our improved Merlin which will need a attention to a grabbing brake and Ian Barley ran his Falcon.

Meanwhile I drove the works Falcon. Since last season I have driven less than 100 miles in anything and rarely exceeded 25 mph so the speed going into Copse was a bit of a shock.
When I started racing I thought I would be able to do about 5 years before I got too old. Now it seems to be 25 years later. How did that happen.

Dave Hodkins had a less successful day when his engine put a con rod through both sides of the block. Amazingly this was the same engine that I had in the Darvi back in 2008. It then went into the championship winning HRD and then into Dave's new car. So it had won races in 3 different cars.

See you all at Silverstone,

Martin
Martin Kemp

Return to General