2021 Intentions

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

2021 Intentions

Postby Steve Boother » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi All

There have already been quite a lot of comments regarding the numbers of entries for our rounds this year and I think everyone can understand that with these being challenging times this isn't totally unexpected. However, in the two venues that we have visited this year we have been the smallest grid by far and the 750 Motor Club and Motorsport UK are taking notice. We may well be facing a yellow card this year which will be very disappointing for us all, I would take that as a warning shot across our bow that we just cannot afford to ignore and we all know what two yellow cards mean. Given that we are involved in the oldest formula in the world it is up to us to prove to the club and Motorsport UK that we can generate healthy grids moving forwards and that the formula will be secure into the future contributing significantly to the 750 Motor Club.

None of us know what is going to happen with Covid for the remainder of this or next but what we need to do is provide the club with some evidence that we are here to stay. We have created a list of drivers below and what we would like to know is whether you are intending on registering for the 750 Formula Championship for the 2021 season. We have taken the list from the 750MC who registered for this year and then added a secondary list of potential competitors underneath. Please respond to this and confirm your intention whether you are already on the list or not (sorry if we have missed anyone) and we can then supply this list to the club as soon as possible to put their minds at ease as to our competitors intentions. If anyone can think of someone who could bring a car out please let us know. We do currently have cars for sale ready to go, Tristesse, Gnome, GRM and also the PC Special. I heard the SDAR has now sold so there is another we can hopefully add.

There have been some very valid comments made recently reference entering all the available races at the beginning of the season, we don't have to pay at that point but it shows the club that we are serious. I, for one will be changing the way I enter next year, all races as soon as we are able to get on the site and do it.

I think another great response to the club is if we can produce a healthy grid for the last round at Snetterton, I am sure we can do it.

Please please do respond, Our Formula Needs You!!!! Imagine the grid if we could max out the entries, looking at the list below it is absolutely possible. Thank you so much.

2020 Registered Competitors (24)

Barley, Raymond Racekits Falcon - YES
Boother, Steve Darvi Mk5 - YES
Boulter, Simon Darvi Mk4/5 - YES
Bove, Peter Darvi 88 P - YES
Brazier, Tony BFS 1 - YES
Collett, Oliver Racekits Falcon - YES
Davies, Huw Phoenix - YES
Daw, Conway Centaur MK16 - YES
Dixon, Richard RR02 - YES
Donley, John Racekits Merlin - YES
Gent, Andrew Darvi 88G - YES
Glover, Mark Racekits Falcon - YES
Gough, Chris CGR2 Evo - YES
Harris, Mick Darvi 597 - YES
Harris, Sue Darvi 5/97 - YES
Hill, Rod Mystic T4/21 - YES
Hill, Rory Darvi MK6 - YES
Hilliam, Ulric ADR 1
Hodkin, Dave HRD MK2 - YES
Jack & Dad SDAR - YES
Jenkins, Richard Sheppard RR-01 - YES
Kemp, Andrew Racekits Falcon - YES
Kemp, Martin Racekits Merlin - YES
Morris, Paul Diet 17 - YES
Robson, Dave SDAR/17 750F - YES
Rutter, Bill Batten 3 - YES
Saretzki, Roger Darvi 91D - YES
Simpson, Bob SS/F 750F - YES
Smith, William SZT Mk1
Swan, Greg Ingham V3 - YES
Unwin, Matt Falcon mkII - YES
Welsh, Dan Racekits Falcon - YES

[b]Additional Names

Rory Melia
Ed Pither
Bill Cowley
Tonin Matia
James Jeffery
Richard Rothery
David Batholemew
Darryl Beckwith
Chris Johnson
Andy Twort
Paul Mason
Last edited by Steve Boother on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Steve Boother

Re: 2021 Intentions

Postby Conway » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Well done Steve. I'm definitely in for 2021.
Perhaps Rory Hill, Geoff and Matt will be among the additional names too?
Conway
Conway

Postby suebmick » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Mick yes, at the moment in my car. Sue yes, if we can get Mick's car ready in time.
He's in the workshop every day...…………..

Just seen on FB that Alan Bunter is trying to come back in the Shark. James Jeffery, Richard Rothery, David Batholemew, Darryl Beckwith, whoever bought Nigel Harvey's car?? Andy Twort?

I presume Tonin is not with us as the car is a University run set-up. I'm sure Bill C would love to race again with us, but with 2-wheeled plans, who knows, & the Club would need to give the lad a break for him to enjoy being with us again.

We always enter all races in the season as soon as entries etc are open as we're likely to forget through the year! It's much easier to pull out of a race for whatever reason than remember to get in on time. It's always understandable that some people may have a doubt about entering a particular race & then enter at the last minute, but it makes for a small paddock space allocation & everybody being squished in.

There are 3 cracking cars for sale too...the Gnome, Tristesse 7 & SDAR. That could be 3 more out & about with 3 new drivers...…………..

PS Ah...just heard that Nigel's sold the SDAR
Last edited by suebmick on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
suebmick

Postby Baggers » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:01 am

I'd be out as well if I wasn't overseas. Due to be back in April next year. Next year would depend on availability of Greg's car (possibly spot races), but 100% for 2022.

By the way Steve, many thanks for all your efforts on this, and taking it by the scruff of the neck. If there's anything I can do next year (when I'm back) to help please let me know.
Baggers

Postby pbove » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 am

Steve,

Than ks for taking this initiative - come on guys and gals...... we need to pull together to get back up to healthy grids. We were there a couple of years ago and since then we've gained a few more regulars, so it shouldn't be too hard to get back there.
pbove

Postby RichardJ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:23 am

I’m definitely going to be back in 2021, and hopefully Rich D will have RR-02 out as well
Last edited by RichardJ on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardJ

Postby Matt27 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:24 am

Hi All,

Please count me in for 2021.

I’m currently 60% through a Falcon build and have every intention of beginning my racing journey with you guys next year.

You may have seen me a little this year as I was at Mallory and Silverstone at the weekend, but only got chance to speak with a few of you.

Silverstone certainly is a big venue for a small grid, so hopefully we’ll all be able to address that for next year... but do include me as a +1 (Matt Unwin - Falcon mkII).

Thanks,
Matt
Matt27

Postby Steve Boother » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:42 am

Thanks for all the confirmations so far.......keep them coming!
Steve Boother

Postby pbove » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 am

Matt,

Great news! I did see you at Silverstone, but we didn't get to talk, but good to hear that you're progressing well..... Having battled with two feisty Falcons at Silverstone, I know how competitive they are!
pbove

Postby Steve Boother » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am

Baggers wrote:I'd be out as well if I wasn't overseas. Due to be back in April next year. Next year would depend on availability of Greg's car (possibly spot races), but 100% for 2022.

By the way Steve, many thanks for all your efforts on this, and taking it by the scruff of the neck. If there's anything I can do next year (when I'm back) to help please let me know.

Thank you for the comments, I am sure there will be lots of things that we can all get involved in to help the cause. Cheers.

Steve
Steve Boother

Next

Return to General