Silverstone

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Silverstone

Postby geofff » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Anyone at Silverstone today?

Ta

Geoff
:)
geofff

Re: Silverstone

Postby F1300Tony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Yes, I help Graham Gant in Formula Vee so I was there for testing on Friday plus Sat and today. The Saturday Vee race was brilliant with a race-long five car battle up front drafting into a very strong headwind, and about 40 cars in total. Watch it on Alpha Live on YouTube. We were put back to last on Saturday because in qually two Vees dropped oil on the newly resurfaced track which meant extra long clean ups. Today's race (about 11-15 start time) began the same, but the contact got too much, the five became two and it finished up before the stewards. Apologies for talking about Vee on this forum but Graham got two more wins and I'm a bit chuffed. I just wish it had been on the club circuit.
Billy A and Bob S's family was there, (essential 750F content)
F1300Tony

Re: Silverstone

Postby geofff » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:20 pm

I was chatting to a couple of the V peeps about shark mouth opening for front mounted oil cooler plus AHS about cost of carb etc....

It was an interesting race but i only got to see it from unit 5 of the wing as i hadn't caught on to the live streaming at that point. Silverstone isn't the best for viewing without streaming if you ask me.

Ta

Geoff
:)
geofff

Return to General