Who's your favourite 750F driver?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Who's your favourite 750F driver?

Postby hcd » Wed May 20, 2020 7:47 am

You probably haven't given it much thought, but it is a regular conversation in the Racing Aspirations household among James and Jack. Current faves are Tony Brazier, Rod Hill, Ed Pither, Bob Simpson and Max Verstappen :lol:

Don't worry if you're not on the list as it changes on a weekly basis.

Huw
hcd

Re: Who's your favourite 750F driver?

Postby Conway » Wed May 20, 2020 8:07 am

All worthy subjects :D

But I'm gutted! :cry: :lol:
Conway

Postby Martin Kemp » Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 am

Mick Harris - the most successful 750 formula driver.
Beautifully smooth in the car and a gentleman on and off the track.

But I love all the others as well. I admire everyone who has the nerve to get out on track and prove just how good they really are.

Anyone can stand at the bar and criticise Sebastian Vettel for making too many mistakes. It takes a better kind of bottle to go out and make your own.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby andyk5000 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Interesting question. Obviously I have loved watching my dad race over the years but I'll say something else ...
I like how every driver on the grid can teach me something. Be it lines, tenacity, sportsmanship, car preparation, bravery,
racecraft,and many other things. I have not raced much but I've been wheel to wheel with a fair few of you now and I am always learning from everyone, on and off the track.
Like my dad says, it takes courage to go out there knowing you might make a fool of yourself,whichever part of the grid you line up on. Looking forward to hopefully getting on track this year
Andy
andyk5000

Postby suebmick » Sun May 24, 2020 10:16 pm

Martin Kemp wrote:Mick Harris - the most successful 750 formula driver.
Beautifully smooth in the car and a gentleman on and off the track.

But I love all the others as well. I admire everyone who has the nerve to get out on track and prove just how good they really are.

Anyone can stand at the bar and criticise Sebastian Vettel for making too many mistakes. It takes a better kind of bottle to go out and make your own.

Martin

Thankyou from Mick! He happens to be my favourite as well
Sue
suebmick

Postby Gloves » Wed May 27, 2020 5:41 pm

Martin Kemp would be high on my list, not only is he a driver but a constructor that gave me (and many others) the opportunity to be on the grid. Another shout has to go to Peter B and Rod H for their hard work as formula rep, without their time and efforts the formula may have struggled. Finally, i love everyone who is behind me on track, not too keen on the ones in front though..........
Gloves

Postby Martin Kemp » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Thank you Mark. You are also right up there on our list as a fast safe driver, the first Racekits champion and all round good egg.

I have enjoyed close battles with almost everyone on the grid at some time or another but many of my most enjoyable, close, and entertaining races have been with Rod. We have swopped paint and tyre marks for over 20 years but never come to grief.

One meeting at Lydden when I had the Darvi, we spent both races fighting over 6th place, never more than a few inches apart - side by side through Paddock bend. He got it in one race and I got it in the other. Probably the hardest fought races I have had.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Return to General