Ah......see you all sometime......

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Ah......see you all sometime......

Postby suebmick » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Just read an email from MSA UK who are suspending all club race permits until at least 30th April.

Stay safe friends. Health of yourself & others is more important than a race, of any standard/level.

Hope to see you all in the summer...……………………………….

Sue & Mick
suebmick

Re: Ah......see you all sometime......

Postby tonybraz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Toy car racing on Wednesday evening has all been cancelled today, so it looks like sim racing only.
tonybraz

Postby DANIELWELSH » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:07 pm

thought it would be ..looks like me and dave could be at cadwell tomorrow...in the rain ... on our own...with no race to look forward to .
i have to ring check in the morning ,that might be cancelled as well...theres gonna be some very shiny cars ,come race day, ....Anglesey is always good in september !!!
DANIELWELSH

Postby Martin Kemp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:45 pm

I don't know if racing will resume this season but there is some good news for the future.
We delivered the first Falcon mk 2 chassis to Matt Unwin just before the restrictions were announced and Andrew is working on orders for 2 more.
So that could be 3 new cars for next season, plus John Donley who was going this start the season with his newly built Merlin, and Ian Barley who has rebuilt his Falcon after its accident at the Birkett.

Anyone thinking of building a new car or buying one secondhand can be reasonably confident that there will be enough cars to race with in the future.

That is getting to be a lot of Falcons, but they are all being developed in different directions by their owners which is very welcome for the ethos of the formula.

Lets see all those hidden Darvis and Centaurs out and make a manufacturers fight of it.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby pbove » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Oooh, a manufacturers championship, now there's a thought!
pbove

Postby pbove » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:13 pm

Oooh, a manufacturers championship, now there's a thought!

Well done on the new cars, we'd be completely screwed without them, thanks to you both!
pbove

Postby Martin Kemp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Thank you.

The manufacturers stand at, Darvis: Umpteen, Centuars :4 (as far as I can remember) and Falcons: 2. So we have a bit of work to do to catch up.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby suebmick » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm

At least the Kemps & the Harrises are busy while everyone else tries to find things to do!

As you can imagine, with everyone wanting to do a garden revamp & now got no excuses not to do it, & the garden centres closed, we're suddenly manic! Being an online garden shop has its compensations. Mick's welding is on hold while he makes up boxes for me to fill with all manner of plantery. At least we might be able to pay for next year's racing now!

Stay safe everyone!

Sue & Mick
suebmick

Postby suebmick » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Martin Kemp wrote:Thank you.

The manufacturers stand at, Darvis: Umpteen, Centuars :4 (as far as I can remember) and Falcons: 2. So we have a bit of work to do to catch up.

Martin

Dick Hartle….Tristesse….7
suebmick

Postby Martin Kemp » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:43 pm

I was thinking of the number of championships won by manufacturers of series production cars rather than no of different types of car.
However, Dick Hartle must be the most prolific builder of cars for his own use and of course he was a race winner in the past.

Centaur must be the manufacturer with the most different models since there are Mk16s about, but how many were designed as 750 Formula cars

Martin
Martin Kemp

Next

Return to General