Heads Up...............thieves

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Heads Up...............thieves

Postby suebmick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:14 pm

It's happening more & more in the bike racing world, but has also happened at our race meetings...…………………

SECURITY

How many of us leave our vans/cars/motorhomes unlocked while we wander off to the loo/watch a race/talk to someone, & we leave our pride & joys under an open awning full of fuel, wheel nuts done up, steering wheel on & ready to go. Then we leave a very expensive helmet & gloves sitting in full view while we nip to the facilities one last time! And our phone & wallet on the dashboard of the van. I know it's not that easy to push a car down the paddock without being seen to a waiting trailer round the corner, but who of us knows everyone who might appear to be "associated" with any particular car at a meeting.

2 guys are devastated at Brands today. 2 race bikes have just been stolen in broad daylight at testing/practice day at a nice friendly BEMSEE meeting at Brands. Wait for someone to go to the loo. Walk up to a bike in your gear. Walk off with it. Start it up round the corner. Drive it out through the circuit gates with no CCTV.

It could happen to us. Time to do something more than just take our steering wheels off at night.

Sue
suebmick

Re: Heads Up...............thieves

Postby suebmick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 am

Amazingly, the F/book biker fraternity throughout UK & Europe went berserk within minutes & found them, & he was racing yesterday!!
suebmick

Postby paul » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:07 am

Great News well done all.

Shame we couldn't have done that after my wallet was stolen from the van at Donnington.
LOCK IT OR LOSE IT!

Paul
paul

Postby F1300Tony » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 am

Something for the club to put in the Final Instructions? We know the vulnerable time.
F1300Tony

Postby pbove » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Good suggestion, however, I suspect that Giles might not be an avid reader of this forum! I think it is also unlikely that anyone reads the finals....... other than the race day schedule, entry list and the paddock plan, the latter to make sure that they don't accidentally end up where they should be...... cynical, Moi??
pbove

Postby F1300Tony » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Just sounding it out. I'll try another:-
Donnington seem to have plenty of 'security' people about. It would be good to have just one of them walking the right part of the paddock when the cars are out on circuit.
F1300Tony

Postby pbove » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Yes, I totally agree. It can't b that hard to spot people stealing from cars and trailers.
pbove

Postby suebmick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

What's happening with bikes is that someone walks down the paddock with a bike & puts it in or on a trailer, gets in the van & drives out. Nothing strange about that. Happens all day long

How many of us know the faces of everyone who "belongs" to a car. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at someone doing the same with a car. You'd just think some "friends" were taking it to scrutes etc

Until you realise that it's gone
suebmick

Return to General