2019 here we come

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

2019 here we come

Postby pbove » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:09 pm

So:

Medical - passed
Licence - arrived
Registration - completed

I just need to get on with the car now - how's everyone else getting on? We're already into Feb and there's not that much time left!

It looks like we will have some new car/driver combos and also some of our old favourites back. Ian Barley is pushing to get his Falcon back on track, we have the Wildmore which is nearing completion, Dave Hodkin should be joining us in his all new car, Jim in the, now tranny Mk1 ADR and I suspect Dave Robson will have repaired his uprights and be back on the grid. Mr Sheppard's car has a new owner and should be back as does Tom's Darvi and I'm hoping that some of the drivers that didn't make it out much last year will be back. I wonder whether Mr Harris will be debuting his revised Darvi during the year?

2019 could be the most exciting year for some time!
pbove

Re: 2019 here we come

Postby Dave Robson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Yes Pete, I intend to be out this season but unfortunately I can't make the Brands Hatch round so will have to wait until May for Mallory.

Since the Cadwell failure I've had time to rectify a number of issues that were identified (as well as the uprights). I've managed to improve the appearance of the bodywork which was a rush job to make the Cadwell deadline. I've also got my head well below the top of the roll bar; thanks Nige for telling me about that. The gear change / clutch problem is now sorted plus numerous other detailed improvements. I just hope that I've covered everything and get in some race finishes!

By the way, I intend going to the Race Retro show on Friday 22nd. It would be good to see some 'old faces' there since we didn't have a Formula meet-up this / last year.

Dave
Dave Robson

Postby GregSwan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Ingham will be out celebrating it's 50th anniversary with a variety of drivers.
Greg
GregSwan

Postby pbove » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

GregSwan wrote:Ingham will be out celebrating it's 50th anniversary with a variety of drivers.
Greg

Excellent! It is always nice to see new faces and I think the car has a lot of potential.
pbove

Postby Jimbob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi all,
Like Dave, I won't be out at Brands due to work commitments, but I should be at Mallory.
The ADR is progressing well, it's just about back on its wheels complete with independent rear suspension...but still a fair bit to do on the engine and systems.

Hope everyone else's preparations are going well!
Jimbob

Postby suebmick » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm

pbove wrote:So:

Medical - passed
Licence - arrived
Registration - completed

I just need to get on with the car now - how's everyone else getting on? We're already into Feb and there's not that much time left!

It looks like we will have some new car/driver combos and also some of our old favourites back. Ian Barley is pushing to get his Falcon back on track, we have the Wildmore which is nearing completion, Dave Hodkin should be joining us in his all new car, Jim in the, now tranny Mk1 ADR and I suspect Dave Robson will have repaired his uprights and be back on the grid. Mr Sheppard's car has a new owner and should be back as does Tom's Darvi and I'm hoping that some of the drivers that didn't make it out much last year will be back. I wonder whether Mr Harris will be debuting his revised Darvi during the year?

2019 could be the most exciting year for some time!

Revised Darvi? It's a new car, all bar the pedals & steering wheel.
The 877T's chassis is currently dangling upside-down in the workshop & his Lordship is brazing the underneath to his exacting standards. And that's all the news from the Michael end of the outbuildings.
At the Sue end of garages, the 597 managed not to get too dirty last season so a wee hoover, brakes overhaul ('cos they didn't work last year no matter how many times we tried to solve the problem) & a bit of a talking-to to the gearbox & we should be ready to go. See you at Brands
suebmick

Postby Conway » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Centaur coming on slowly, but heading for Mallory Park. Unfortunately prior commitments mean I won't make it to Brands.

I've replaced the trailing arms that were bent at Snetterton in October and I'm part way-through making new side pods. And fitting a new gearbox. And a new battery/ballast. Really must see one of the jobs through properly.

Happy preparations everyone. It sounds like it'll be a lively year.

Conway
Conway

Return to General