We are not the longest running Championship in the world

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Re: We are not the longest running Championship in the world

Postby paul » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:33 am

Robin and Max are standing down so Peter asked for volunteers to get in touch.
Paul
paul

Postby EmlynC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm really surprised that nobody appears to have reacted to Peter's post that he is resigning from being the Formula Rep.

Let me start by making my position clear – I hope Peter has a change of heart and agrees to carry on (but on Sunday that sounded very unlikely). I have not agreed with everything that Peter has done, but I know that he always acts in what he sees as the best interest of the Formula, and I believe he is the best person for the role. I accept that is is literally a thankless task – when things are going well you work away and nobody says, "thank you", and when situations evolve you "get it in the neck".

So, if Peter is not going to come back, can I say, "thank you Peter for all that you have done" (but please can you do some more).

I hope that other people feel as I do, and will also want to post their "thank you".

All of this kicked off with aerodynamic mudgaurds. In my view, since the high wings on the Lotus 49, where the supports feed the downforce directly on the rear uprights, there has been an understanding that there should be no aerodynamic devises on the unsprung part of the car (I accept that some of the work being done with F1 brake cooling ducts is getting very marginal on this point).

Martin rightly says that this should be a Formula for innovation, but that innovation needs to remain within the rules. While Martin may not want to go further than he has already gone, if the door is open, someone will push through with multiple carbon winglets that could have a very significant competitive advantage. These questions are difficult and, as I have experience, decisions do not always go the way you want them to, but on balance I feel that collectively we get it about right.

Emlyn
EmlynC

Postby Dave Robson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Emlyn is right in pointing out that Peter deserves our thanks for all his efforts as Formula Rep.

I would be very happy if he would reconsider and continue as Formula Rep. but equally understand if he has had enough.

Thank you Peter and good luck to anyone who decides to take on job in your place.

Dave
Dave Robson

Postby hcd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am

Thank's Peter :+:

Huw
hcd

Previous

Return to General