Snetterton Round 1 2010

Snetterton Round 1 2010

Postby max » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Well as no one else has posted I'll kick things off for all the arm chair followers.

After 2 complete laps of practice you could find me sat out on the bank on the outside of corum throughly peed off with myself. One momentary lapse of concentration and I 'woke up' on the kerbs, went grass cutting but had the blades set too low and BANG goes the front body and subframe. Somehow the team managed to stitch it back together including the use of the tent poles and I managed to get out for the race. Qualified 12th from 14 somehow. Data logger said I left the track at nearly 95mph. I won't use one of those again!

As we all know it rained a bit just as we went out on slicks, perfect! Now less front splitter I had the ideal (and 'safe') understeer setup. Had an amazing duel with Rod, Bill, Guy, Paul M until things settled a bit with Paul in front and Guy behind (Rod and Bill fell back). Was running close to Paul when Nathaniel appeared in front of us. Having seen Dave, Bill, Martin, and Chris all go off I thought we must be quite high up so settled for my position as was. Low and behold crossed the line in 4th! From zero to hero.

I gave an interview to the TV guys just after practice so hopefully we will see a good show on the telly.

I don' like seeing smashed stuff but as I got a good result in the end here it is.

Max
Attachments
Snett 2010.jpg
Snett 2010.jpg (25.77 KiB) Viewed 14270 times
MS750/01
max

Re: Snetterton Round 1 2010

Postby anna » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm

That looks like it'll just polish out :aghast: :bang:

Thanks for the report (/chief arm chair follower)
anna

Postby cartledge_uk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Shame about the damage, but a good result from it :+:

Thanks for the report. much like Anna, I am confined to the armchair. :flossy:
cartledge_uk

Postby Alan B » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I had a great day at snetterton though also endured some challenges of my own!
Qualifying was all about learning the circuit and getting some consistent laps and get a feel for the mods on the car I made over the winter (with no testing) so I was pleased to end up 10th on the grid, not so pleased it ended 5 mins early with a cloud of steam and smoke! A badly routed hose had touch the exhaust at some point and let the water out down revett straight temp flew up and pop by the pit lane!

A very helpful Martin Kemp lent us a spare head gasket and an hour later we were ready to race.
For me the race went really well, I was a little cautious into the first corner in the rain on slicks at a new track. Fortunately my car performed pretty well in the changeable conditions, and was able to edge up to 7th then as I was closing in on Rod to challenge for 6th car developed a misfire which I then discovered was the carb icing up which got progressively worse falling back to 8th on the last lap. Best result to date so very pleased and learnt a lot, especially pleased with the improved handling and looking forward to next time out.
Special thanks to Martin and Rod for lending me parts to get the engine back together.
Alan B

Postby suebmick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Congratulations...
1st Roger Rowe
2nd Nathaniel Cooper
3rd & 1st Class B Paul Morris

RogerNatPaul.jpg
RogerNatPaul.jpg (49.7 KiB) Viewed 14223 times

1st Centaur (55)
2nd Davis (97)
3rd Darvi (11)

Snettcars.jpg
Snettcars.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 14223 times

750 Spot The Ball Competition

SnettSpotTheBall.jpg
SnettSpotTheBall.jpg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 14223 times
suebmick

Postby f750sgr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 am

Have the club introduced a 'Control' race suit since i've been away? :shock:
Sean Graham
Red 1990 Myatt Marrow (will have a race number in 2012)
http://www.pdevportal.co.uk/sports/motorsport
f750sgr

Postby max » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 am

Alan,

If you didn't already know you got a trophy which Rod is looking after (3rd class B). If you ask nicely he may even give you a kiss with it!

Max
MS750/01
max

Postby Alan B » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Blow me a trophy! Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't realised, I wanted to stay for the post race get together but we had to get back.....
I hope Rod isn't wearing a bikini during this presentation? (Though a swimsuit could have worked there was enough rain at one point)

Alan
Alan B

Postby JOSEPH » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Ive got some good pictures of you guys comeing round russells, ill post a couple when I can, I didnt realise till I decided to leave sunday they have modified the esses, I was on the way out and decided I would pull over and watch the saxmax on the esses and saw it looked a lot more smooth and fluid than last year, looks like you can go in faster!
Joseph U Hilliam
JOSEPH

Postby Drutt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:58 pm

JOSEPH wrote:they have modified the esses, I was on the way out and decided I would pull over and watch the saxmax on the esses and saw it looked a lot more smooth and fluid than last year, looks like you can go in faster!

They have not changed the track just added a massive curb stone instead of the tyres that were there, so if you go cutting corners you will write off your car and your bum!
Drutt

Next

Return to 2010 Season