Trying out a 750F car

Everything you need to know if you are thinking about racing in 750 Formula

Trying out a 750F car

Postby mattcherrington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello all,

I have been racing a Locost for a number of seasons and have always, where possible, watched 750 Formula races with interest. The cars appeal strongly, and the racing seems to be competitive throughout the field.
This season I am sharing a Locost with a new competitor, and therefore find myself a frustrated spectator at times! This will be particularly prevalent at Cadwell, where I am to be on the wrong side of the fence, spectacularly miserable as there is no circuit I enjoy racing at more!
This leads me to the reasoning behind the post... and my questions are as follows:

1. Can you fit a 6'5 person in a 750 chassis (comfortably, with the ability to drive, not just wedged in at any angle :D )?
2. Does anybody offer cars for hire for testing and races?
Which leads to:
3. Does anyone have a car available for the Cadwell double header?

Forgive my ignorance, I am very much aware that the formula is designed for the owner/driver and not for the big team running arrive and drive people, but you never know when a spare car might need racing!

Many thanks in advance of any help. Regardless of how this turns out, I will be investigating moving into the championship in 2011.

All the best,
Matt
mattcherrington

Re: Trying out a 750F car

Postby pbove » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Matt,

Be good to get you into the formula. Sadly I'm not able to help for Cadwell as I'll be in my car. You might contact Joseph Hilliam who is trying to sell his ADR and might be tempted to let you borrow/hire it for the event. You'd certainly fit in an ADR.

Regards

Peter
pbove

Postby mattcherrington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Peter.

Does Joseph use this forum? If so perhaps someone could point him in this direction?
mattcherrington

Postby pbove » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 am

Hi Matt,

Yes Joseph is registered as Joseph on the forum - send him a PM.

P
pbove

Postby mattcherrington » Wed May 05, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks Peter, PM sent.

In the meantime if I can extend an open plea to anyone with cars potentially for sale or not being used to get in touch, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
mattcherrington

Postby pbove » Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 am

Matt,

Sue Harris keeps a list of cars for sale (sueb on this forum) - also, I think that Rod Hill also has a list (Mysitic on the forum).

P
pbove

Return to Getting started in 750 Formula