Race fees and costs

Everything you need to know if you are thinking about racing in 750 Formula

Race fees and costs

Postby NDH » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:15 am

Doing the costings for a season of racing in the 750F class, I've found most of the numbers on the club site but no details of race entry fees. I guess it depends on the circuit but what's an average figure for race entry and are there any other significant costs for a weekends racing I should be aware of?
Thanks Nigel
750F Racing - a great way to spend the kids inheritance!
NDH

Re: Race fees and costs

Postby Ian Allen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Lots of double headers coming up so the next season should be more enonomical, I guess entry fees will be in the region of £1600 - £1700 for the full season then theres your diesel ( best to live in the Midlands), + Travel lodge , Motorhome or tent. Stop overs will be more relevant this season with double headers over 2 days promised. Camping is free at all venues. Travel expenses will also be less with the double headers........... the rest depends on how much ...new shoe / handbag compensation you have to pay !

Ian
Ian Allen

Postby max » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 pm

This year race entry fees ranged from £150 to £220 ish I think dependant on track and single or double header. I read in the latest bulletin that these are being frozen for next year I think.

Next biggest hit in a weekend for me is diesel for the tow car, then food and drink (there and back, evening before, daytime, it all adds up). I camp at the circuit so this keeps those expenses down.

Other then that its the initial outlay of kit and car and then running costs. If you don't damage the car in away and it remains reliable then running costs are very low.

Max
MS750/01
max

Postby AndrewD » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 pm

The fees are being frozen but unfortunately it looks like they're dropping the 2 cheapest tracks! You can quite easily get by on cheap food for overnight (i.e. before the buffet). I generally stick with cheese, ham and lettuce sandwiches, some apples and bananas and a pack of biscuits, which comes to about £2 in total for the weekend. That or I try to find a function at the uni that's finished and has lots of leftover trays of sandwiches that would otherwise be disposed of, which comes to about £0 in total and can be perfect for sharing. Put aside a bit of money for professional photos too (say £5-6) and about £20 for race fuel and all should be well :-)
Food costs can be saved by finishing ahead of Andrew and getting to the sponsors buffet first
AndrewD

Postby Clinton » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 am

Andrew

I cannot believe it costs you so little!!!!!!! My kids costs more to run than you do. You should get a job on the money show advising on being a tight one

Clinton
To finish first, first you have to finish
Clinton

Postby Ian Allen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 am

Sponsored by Oxfam no doubt....... :lol:
Ian Allen

Postby max » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 am

Based on that it sounds like I need to have a word with my catering manager about her budgets for next season!
MS750/01
max

Postby AndrewD » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 am

It's amazing what bargains you can find when you're a student and also have lots of friends who are students in the same area! It's a bit like the stock market in that you have to have a maximum price you're willing to buy at or you'll look elsewhere. You also have to expect the unexpected - some stereotypically 'posh' shops are actually cheaper than the standard supermarkets for some things. And then there's the 'we're about to shut so need to flog this stuff quickly' bargains - as long as you have a freezer these can be fantastic 8-)
Food costs can be saved by finishing ahead of Andrew and getting to the sponsors buffet first
AndrewD

Return to Getting started in 750 Formula