New temporary formula rep.

Messages from the 750 formula committee

Moderator: 750 Formula Moderator

New temporary formula rep.

Postby mysticrod » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 am

Due to Peter standing down I will be standing in temporary in order to finalize the regulations for 2019 .
Items up for discussion are freeing up the fasteners in the engine to facilitate reliable engine rebuilds.
Realistic weight limits to enable cars to be built with out having to spend money on weight saving products and to enable more reliable gearboxes to be fitted with out suffering a weight penalty.
Gearboxes on the trans-axles to be freed up to enable reliability to be achieved.
Discuss if we would like to revert back to ten scores from fourteen method of deciding the championship this may still need approval from the R.T.C .
Rod Hill.
mysticrod

Re: New temporary formula rep.

Postby suebmick » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:24 am

Well done, Rod
suebmick

Postby mysticrod » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks Sue.
Can we Have some feed back on the items for discussion
Rod.
mysticrod

Postby pbove » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi Rod,

These all seem like good ideas - obviously, as the lightest driver I’m not keen on the weight increase, but if that makes it easier for other people to get closer to the weight limit then I guess it makes it fairer, although I wouldn’t want the limit to be too high as it will make the cars less nimble and more dangerous if you have an accident. It is possible to get cars down to the current limit, I think Robin was over 12st and still on the limit in the Darvi despite it not really having any trick bits other than carbon mudguards and wing end plates (which are not actually that light).

So a small increase will be OK, but I wouldn’t want us all weighted up to the heaviest car/driver combo.
pbove

Postby suebmick » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:44 am

I would!
suebmick

Return to 750f Committee