750 Forumla Committee

Postby pbove » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

As you probably know, we have a committee comprised of the following people:

Rod Hill - Formula Rep
Peter Bove
Chris Gough
Max Sheppard
Will Johnstone

We need to start thinking about new committee members and (possibly) a new Formula Rep. Rod has been and excellent Rep for a number of years now. I don't know whether or not he would be willing to stand again next year, but it is probably time that we allowed him to stand down should he so choose. So, does anyone want to volunteer for either a place on the Committee or to be Formula Rep?

Here's what is involved:

Formula Rep - acts as the liaison between the Board and the Formula. Reposnible for making sure that the drivers views are represented to the board and vice versa. They also need to attend the Racing and Technical Committee meetings which are held quarterly.

Committee members - work with the Rep to spread the load a little and to make sure that the regulations evolve to ensure the success and health of the formula. Recent examples include the introduction of Radial tyres and the Transverse engine regulations. At the moment we seem to be doing as well as can be expected in the financial circumstances and much better than we were doing a couple of years ago. We need a team to help to build on this success, so if you're interested, or know someone that might be, then please PM me or one of the committee members. Note that you don't have to be a competitor in the formula, but you do need to be a club member.

Best regards

Peter
pbove

Re: 750 Forumla Committee

Postby pbove » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

Well the response has been slightly underwhelming which is dissappointing. It is a fact is that the health of the formula (ours and the others) is hugely influenced by the health of the committee. In our case, without a strong committee we would probably not have moved to the Fiat engine and we probably wouldn't have a formula now.

This is an important role and it is your chance to help influence the health of the formula. Please give some thought to helping us take the formula forward - elect the committee you want, or you may get a committee that you might not be so keen on.......

Peter
pbove

Re: 750 Forumla Committee

Postby pbove » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:56 am

Well, we have had some interest from people wishing to help develop the formula. We are still waiting for a Formula rep to volunteer...... at the moment the only person that has offered to pick this up from Rod Hill is, er, me. So unless you want to get stuck with me as formula rep again you need to come forward and put your name in the hat.

Peter
pbove

Return to 750f Committee