Mike Izzard

Mike Izzard

Postby pbove » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 am

I am very sorry to have to report that Mike Izzard passed away last night. Mike was a long term supporter of the formula with the PCH sponsorship, as a driver and as an enthusiastic spectator and I will certainly miss him. He developed an interest in the formula and really seemed to care about how we were progressing and dealing with some of the issues that arose. The most obvious result of this was the post race events which escalated from a quick beer to drinks and a buffet, but there were many other changes such as provision of trophies for Class B and changes to the Class B points scoring regulations to make it fairer for Class B competitors.

I think that it would be nice to make a gesture of respect at Rockingham and maybe something a little more planned at Silverstone, please let me know if you have any good ideas. Meanwhile, please pass on the news to those who may not have read it here.

Peter
pbove

Re: Mike Izzard

Postby Dave Heaver » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 am

Very sad news. Mike was a lovely bloke; he always offered encouragement and made time to speak with those of us in the midfield and at the blunt end of the field as well as the winners.

My condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Mike

Dave and all the Gingham Ingham crew
Better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator all your life...
Dave Heaver

Postby Martin Kemp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:02 am

I am so sorry to hear about Mike.
I have the greatest respect for his energy and enthusiam as our sponsor and I feel he has made a major contribution to the Formula.
He really seemed to understand why someone would put so much effort into coming 14th, noticed when people had a good result and found practical ways to encourage all the drivers.
It was always good to have him around at the meetings and we will miss him. He was a great sponsor and we were lucky to have his support.
I would suggest that a minute's silence on the grid would be part of a suitable tribute but whether that should be this weekend or included with a further tribute at Silverstone I don't know.

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby andrew lake » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am

Very sorry to hear the news. The comments above say it all. He gave me a great deal of encouragement to return to racing after my accident and being chosen by him as driver of the day at Donington last year was one of my racing highlights.

I am happy to help out if I can organising something at Rockingham this weekened
andrew lake

Postby suebmick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 pm

A true gentleman & a lovely, lovely man. He has been, & will be, sorely missed. Our condolences to his family.
If anyone needs his address, PM me
Sue
suebmick
suebmick

Postby suebmick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Perhaps we could do something akin to Brands/Will Jnr at lunchtime on the grid? There may be other cars/MR2s & people who would like to share the moment with us?
Both Mick & I, & our cars, will be wearing black armbands
Sue
suebmick

Postby mrsginer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Sorry to hear the sad news about Mike.

He was a great supporter of the 750 Formula & will be sadly missed.

Bob & Tina Simpson
mrsginer

Postby will » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Such sad news and what a loss.
A great friend to the formula and the club, he was always welcoming and encouraging. I will always remember him with great fondness and respect and he took a particular interest in Will Junior, often spending time in conversation with him.
My condolences to to his family and friends.
RIP Mike
Will
will

Postby Ian Sowman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:39 pm

What very sad news. My condolences to Mike's family and all his many friends.

If you would like me to help in any way with a tribute at Rockingham or Silverstone, please let me know. If there are some words you would like read out over the PA, please pass them on to me - ian.sowman@750mc.co.uk
Ian Sowman

Postby hcd » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 am

Sad news indeed. A cheery chap who always had time for everyone on the grid.

He will be sorely missed.

Huw
hcd

Next

Return to Sponsors Board