Carbinium Engineering Sponsorship

Carbinium Engineering Sponsorship

Postby BenandOlly » Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 pm

I thought it might be appropriate to introduce my business to you as we are a class sponsor.

Towards the end of 2018 my wife and I decided to launch our own business which we named Carbinium Engineering. The name is an amalgam of two of the materials that we work with – carbon fibre and aluminium. We are particularly keen to work on projects that need composite tooling, composite work by infusion and pre-preg as well as mechanical assemblies and machining. We have invested in three CNC machining centres, a 4 axis vertical milling centre, a turning centre and a 3 axis routing centre.

Those of you who were at Mallory Park will know that we are offering three hours machining time to the driver of the weekend – picked by the race commentators. We know that some of you already have access to CNC machining, but we hope that the award will give people the opportunity to get something machined that they could otherwise not achieve easily. For example, Rod Hill mentioned that he may want a mould machined from tooling board for an end plate or nose. We have recently made new rockers for our car from billet aluminium and Olly tells me that they are both lighter and stronger than the steel fabricated ones I made originally. Although we work with 3D models we are happy to get drawings in any format from the back of an envelope onwards.

We thought we might organise a “tips and tricks” demonstration of vacuum infusion after racing on a Saturday at a two day meeting. I know that several people are already infusing parts and a demonstration could be a good opportunity for us to swap ideas and suggestions. Hopefully those who have yet to try this technique could see how easy and accessible the technology is. I thought the Saturday at Cadwell Park might be a good date but would like to gauge interest before organising anything, so if you would be interested please do let me know.

Many thanks for carrying our stickers on your cars, and we look forward to the rest of the season.

Ben
BenandOlly

Re: Carbinium Engineering Sponsorship

Postby F1300Tony » Wed May 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Count me in, and thank you.
F1300Tony

Postby GregSwan » Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 am

Likewise, and thank you for the support.
GregSwan

Postby Dave Robson » Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 am

Tips & tricks are most welcome. My infusion products vary in surface quality which is very annoying!
Thanks Ben
Dave Robson

Postby Martin Kemp » Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 am

It would be very interesting for us as well,

Martin
Martin Kemp

Postby pbove » Thu May 09, 2019 8:06 am

Me too - and I echo Greg’s comment, thank you for the support and for the driver of the day idea!!
pbove

Postby Conway » Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi Ben

Always interested in seeing and learning new techniques, as well as who has the skills to do what, so yes please.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Conway
Conway

Return to Sponsors Board