2020 Calendar

Everything related to the administration of the season

Re: 2020 Calendar

Postby Matt27 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:06 pm

geofff wrote:Great stuff Martin & Matt:)

I've sorted two engines & one gearbox and hopefully have a lead on a Seicento to strip for some other parts. Haven't sorted any 108 heads, so if your Polish chap has anymore available.... do you still have his number?

Also purchased my tow / support van so cracking on with converting that. Well putting some racking in and a bed 'shelf'.

I get the feeling I'll be working out of my mates dusty bodywork shop though, as I'm about to start talking to planners about barn / garage, then I've got to build the bloody thing :roll:

Definitely will be spectating at race meetings this year so maybe have a chat then?

Geoff
:)

Hi Geoff,

Yeah, I got one engine, thought I’d found a beauty as it was a very low mileage one from a Panda which had a rear end knock, it was an 07 job, and although it was a later one I was convinced the pure block would be fine / legal with the control head. But apparently with fitting a vernier cam sprocket the crank pulley needs to be of a certain spec and the later one had rounded teeth, so it would have cost more to modify it than get another engine...

I’ve got one gearbox I stripped to check the final drive and have kept that for spares and another race prepped one, good to go, but need to do the 1:1 mod I think.

Yes, if you’re going to be knocking about the paddock this season, I’ll be seeing you there... plenty of notes to compare! It’ll be good to have a building buddy.

Matt
Matt27

Postby geofff » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi Matt,

Just followed your lead and purchased two 108 heads from a polish guy on Ebay. £50 each delivered. He had eight available.

I'll get my local engineering shop to give them a once over before I give a recommendation.

Ta

Geoff
geofff

Postby Matt27 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:39 pm

geofff wrote:Hi Matt,

Just followed your lead and purchased two 108 heads from a polish guy on Ebay. £50 each delivered. He had eight available.

I'll get my local engineering shop to give them a once over before I give a recommendation.

Ta

Geoff

Current item number: 153787705195? Yeah that’s the same guy (motospec2014.pl), very strange to see he’s amassed loads but selling them cheap as chips. But you can’t argue with that!
Matt27

Postby Conway » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am

Back to the original thread...

Just seen today's email from MSUK extending the suspension of motorsport permits to 30th June :(

So a three round year - Mallory, Anglesey and Snetterton. Lets hope we still get to do those, even.

Stay healthy everyone. :|

Conway
Conway

Postby pbove » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:55 am

Indeed, not the bumper year I was hoping for, but the important thing is that we get through this period as quickly and safely as possible.
pbove

Postby suebmick » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Mick's 2020 racing hopes are receding rapidly...…………..
We honestly can't see there being a "season" this year. Save your pennies & give them all to George Polley at the end of the year.....he must be feeling the pinch big-time

Sue
suebmick

Previous

Return to Dates & Rules/Regs