Wanted Dick Harvey timing case for external oil pump

Either cars or parts wanted for 750formula

Wanted Dick Harvey timing case for external oil pump

Postby Reliant Flyer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:10 am

Hello,
I am looking for a Dick Harvey timing case made for external oil pumps as mentioned on page 90 and shown on page 92 of the 750 Racer book. I am converting a Reliant engine for a vintage 1930's ultralight aeroplane I am building.
Thanks,
Clarke Tate
Reliant Flyer

Re: Wanted Dick Harvey timing case for external oil pump

Postby Ian Allen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm

If you can't get one I have a Mocal pump with a nose drive for the Reliant engine, drives off the cam If I remember correctly if you want to dry sump it, or run an external pump. It came off my Hague 81. Pm me if you want it , I also have two Dick Harvey head gaskets for the high comp race engines.

Ian
Ian Allen

Postby suebmick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Head gaskets needed by Trophy guys...had 2 calls recently
Contact John Gasking at
www.750trophyracing.co.uk
In fact, if anyone has anything of use to the Trophy guys, they're all looking for Reliant parts...contact John & he'll post your "list" on the Trophy website
Sue
suebmick

Postby Reliant Flyer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 am

Hello Ian,
The Dick Harvey unit seems more appropriate for my needs. Once I have learned more maybe I'll appreciate the option you just offered me. Thanks for the gasket offer, I'm not trying to take anything too dear. How much better are these gaskets? I will only be running the aircraft engine at about 3,000 to 3,500 RPM so may I assume a standard gasket is adequate? I might need to move this question to the tech area. Any input is appreciated!
Clarke
Reliant Flyer

Postby will » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Reliant Flyer wrote:Hello Ian,
Thanks for the gasket offer, I'm not trying to take anything too dear. How much better are these gaskets? I will only be running the aircraft engine at about 3,000 to 3,500 RPM so may I assume a standard gasket is adequate? I might need to move this question to the tech area. Any input is appreciated!
Clarke

Those Dick Harvey gaskets are really superb. I managed to re-use them very succesfully - just required a very thin layer of grease to make sure they didn't stick firm, and the only time I had one fail was when a couple of my head studs had pulled the threads in the block. I tried standard gaskets but they failed. Buy them!

Will
will

Postby max » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:43 pm

That or a decent parachute...
MS750/01
max

Postby Reliant Flyer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

I have worn parachutes and there is not much room for one in a tiny, wood construction ultralight aeroplane. It looks like I am headed toward a racing engine philosophy versus "auto" engine. I know I have a lot to learn. I see Ian that the Evans coolant is used by Rotax in Aero engines. I have learned something just looking at your website link. NOW ABOUT THOSE GASKETS, how may I buy those from you Ian?
Reliant Flyer

Postby Ian Allen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 am

I have been pm'd was that you ?

I am the North European distributor for Evans cooling systems, Rotax spec this as OE for their aero engines. Zero corrosion, 200c boiling and -40 freezing so pretty usefull in an aeroplane really... ;) ........granted a parachute is probably a tad usefull as well... :shock:

Ian
I
Ian Allen

Postby Ian Allen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:21 am

Mind you if the head gasket blows you can allways make a cup of tea on the way down..........
Ian Allen

Postby Ron Chapman » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 pm

i have got timing case for external oil pump if your still after one plus oil pump
Ron Chapman

Next

Return to Wanted