CARS!!!!

Either cars or parts wanted for 750formula

CARS!!!!

Postby suebmick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Here we go again!
More people wanting 750's than cars for sale......if you've got one in the garage & you're not realistically going to race it again, let me know or post details on this forum in the For Sale section. Some are looking for "a lot of work needed" & some for "ready to go" or nearly!
If anyone's got a Clubmans...they can be converted to 750 relatively easily....................
Sue
suebmick
suebmick

Re: CARS!!!!

Postby jackracing » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:12 pm

hoping to get details on a Marrow roller this weekend, will be for sale
jackracing

Postby mysticrod » Sat May 01, 2010 10:03 am

Sue
Nick Windleys car is still for sale. Raced with the Fiat engine.
Rod
mysticrod

Postby chrisjones » Sat May 01, 2010 10:04 am

I bought the 750 Trophy car mentioned in the For Sale column. I have done some work on the bulkheads as these were poor. The chassis is very good but could do with a repaint at some point. The brakes/clutch hydraulics lines etc have all been refurbished along with the carb. The car has Alfin drum brakes which are all nice and shiney. The car was built by Bill Wright over a period of 18 months from around 1973, and raced by him in 750 events from 1978 to 1982. It was briefly hillclimbed by the next owner. The car weighs about 260KG. It is eligable for 750 Trophy racing in its current form. Bill would love to help with setting up the car on a test day once it is ready. I am asking £2500 as it is, complete with basic but very stable trailer.

Work to do:
The engine (850 with Dellorto) needs removing for inspection and a head gasket replacing.
New harness
Battery (I have a gell battery available from another car which is unused for £75)
Chassis painting if desired
Wing and mudguard removal to comply with regs
Completion and sealing of bulkhead work (very little to do here)
Tyres as current fitted ones are very old
Testing and corner weighting etc

E-mail me chris@rfco.co.uk or ring 07941 921830. I live in North Herefordshire.

Usual excuses for selling. Too many projects, and now moving house as well! The car needs to be enjoyed.
chrisjones

Postby chrisjones » Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 am

The constructor was Bob Wright, not Bill! Photos of the car at http://www.reprofurniturecompany.com/750.cfm
chrisjones

Postby will » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:32 pm

A couple of people accosted me at Silverstone and said they were seriously trying to find a 750 car for sale. One of them clearly had a fully prepared car in mind. He has spoken to Sue and looked at the Scholar but thought it looked rather large.
He had already had an early ADR but I don't think particularly enjoyed the experience - not sure why.

Are there any cars out there for sale? I fleetingly thought about selling him mine - but only for a nanosecond or two.
will

Return to Wanted