Desperate for Reliant gearbox!

Either cars or parts wanted for 750formula

Desperate for Reliant gearbox!

Postby NDH » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Anyone got a spare standard box that they'd like to get rid of? Stripped third gear in mine at Snetterton right at the start of the race and would hate to miss the last two races at Mallory. On the plus side I did drive the whole race in fourth and was only two seconds slower than in practice!
Nigel
750F Racing - a great way to spend the kids inheritance!
NDH

Re: Desperate for Reliant gearbox!

Postby Dave Heaver » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 am

Dear Desperate Dan,

I have one you can use but that hasn't got any gears in it at all at the moment... that should stop you catching me in the championship! (If you haven't already).

But as I suspect you will be able to resist my kind offer, you could try giving my local secondhand Reliant man a call.

Neil at Keygate Motors in Chatham, Kent. 01634 841279. If Neil's not available, try to speak to the boss (can't remember his name)

They will probably ask you where reverse gear is on the H pattern so they can find the right type of box and I think they are all guaranteed until the box leaves their building!

If they have a suitable one, give me a call. I might be able to collect it (and any bearings/oil seals you might need) and meet you somewhere half way.

Mr Gingham
Better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator all your life...
Dave Heaver

Re: Desperate for Reliant gearbox!

Postby NDH » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Dear Mr Gingham
Thanks for your kind offer of a gearless box. I have to say it does have it's merits, no more fluffed gearchanges, clutch problems and minimal wear on all components except the rev limiter! Could make my Mallory races a bit boring though.
So I shall speak to Neil at keygate tomorrow and if they can help shall be in touch. In the mean time I'm getting very intimate with a couple of broken gear boxes in the hope of making a good'un.
Cheers Nigel
750F Racing - a great way to spend the kids inheritance!
NDH

Return to Wanted