Gearbox Adapter and Manifold Plates

If you know of someone who can supply parts for 750F cars, please post in here.

Gearbox Adapter and Manifold Plates

Postby will » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Help!!

Is anyone out there needing to buy a gearbox adapter plate manifold plates?

I am still waiting for Neil Talbot to get mine made but he needs another customer to make the minimum order value up. (There are two of us waiting at the moment)

Basically, if I don't get this before Easter I am going to have to make my own or miss Lydden (or run Reliant :bang: )

So if you need a plate or plates) call Neil on 01477 549318

Will
will

Re: Gearbox Adapter and Manifold Plates

Postby Brian De Vie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Will
maybe to help me and other 'wannabees'
could you provide an indication of cost for Neils GB adaptor ?
I'm going to want an adaptor at some stage, but no urgency, but need to balance price/availability & need.
at this stage I'm not even fully commited to the reliant box, but equaly I don't like to reinvent the wheel.

Gee, I hope that makes some kind of sense.
TARANIS - the God of the Wheel
Brian De Vie

Postby will » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Brian,

Cost is £125 for the lot - I believe it includes the Weber carb flange as well as both inlet and exhaust flange plates and the gearbox adapter. Don't know if VAT is included.

The problem I have will tend to keep recurring now because Neil needs to place minimum orders with the laser cutting company and he says three sets are just about enough but would prefer four. I will almost certainly drop out in about five days time and make my own, as time is pressing. That means only one customer is waiting plus possibly yourself so you will need to drum up a third for a quorum. Neil says he does place orders for other laser cut items from time to time but has no need at present.

Will
will

Postby cartledge_uk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:24 pm

There are a few people on the list now, if anyone is interested please contact neil.
cartledge_uk

Postby Neilt » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Hello All,

Sorry I've not been about recently but I've been otherwise occupied wtih work.

I'm having a few more engine plates cut - so if anyone requires one I'll be able to help.

There are 2 versions - an 11 deg. plate that sets the engine at the same angle as in the Fiat with the gearbox upright. The sump requires approx 25mm removing from the sump and the oil pickup shortening. (Which I don't supply)
The second version sets the engine at 48 deg. and the gearbox at 8 deg. towards the driver if your sit on the right hand side of the car. The 48 deg. requires considerablely more work to the sump and oil pick-up. (Which I don't supply). To complete the kit I supply laser cut inlet and exhaust manifold plates, t\stat housing plate, weber carb plate, a modified rear core plug and bolts for the top two gearbox fixings.

The plates are 6mm steel unpainted with 'ears' at the bottom for welding suitable brackets to attatch to your chassis. A gearbox input shaft bush is required to support the gearbox input shaft in the flywheel. I don't supply these but supply a drawing of the one I've used. You may want to alter the design slightly.

If anyone is interseted please give me a call on 01477 549318.

Neil T
Neilt

Postby will » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Take it from me everyone, it's a lot easier to get plates from Neil than make your own!!! Drill, drill, drill, file, file, file, and then lining the gearbox with engine to within 20 thou is tricky.

Will
will

Postby Ian Allen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 am

Agreed Neils plate kits are the dogs pods ... just bolts straighht up.........But don't forget the bush or the input shaft doesn't make it all the way in, and waves about..

ian
Ian Allen

Postby pbove » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 am

Bush, input shaft.,........ too easy boys! :D

P
pbove

Postby Ian Allen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:25 pm

:lol: go for it
Ian Allen

Postby will » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Smut, smut, smut. That's all you think about!

Will
will

Return to Suppliers for 750F parts